Monday, July 18, 2011

John Mayer 2011 Berklee School of Music Clinic – “Manage the Temptation to Publish Yourself” POP SUPERHERO Cookie Cutter Girl BE A HERO


John Mayer 2011 Berklee School of Music Clinic – 

“Manage the Temptation to Publish Yourself”





I agree with him on many points, EXCEPT...
"DO NOT HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN."  What?!?  I DID "follow my dream," and I have no regrets about it.  I DID NOT because "rich and famous" (like John Mayer), but I AM happy that I was true to my heart.

It is totally UNREALISTIC to claim "nobody should have a back-up plan" to fall back on *if* they DO NOT BECOME A RICH & FAMOUS MUSICIAN.  ("if???"...for most of us, it is "when!")  If that were true...ALL MUSICIANS WOULD BE RICH & FAMOUS, LOL!


Unfortunately, only a VERY small percentage of us become rich playing music.  Thus, most of a need to "KEEP OUR DAY JOBS" teaching music, working at music stores...or whatever other skills we chose to learn.  

DO HAVE A "BACK-UP PLAN," because MOST OF US WON'T BE "RICH & FAMOUS" MUSICIANS...SORRY, but that is reality...period.  By all means, "follow your dream" or you'll regret it for the rest of your life.  BUT...Also get training and education for a "day job" too.  Most of us are going to need one!

Strength Through Unity,

Lynn
http://CookieCutterGirl.com
http://InnerSuperhero.com

No comments: